First-Year Class Council Elections
Each fall, Judicial Council holds elections in each Residence Hall to select a representative for First-Year Class Council. The timeline for the elections which took place in Fall 2020 is below.
2020 Elections Timeline
Sunday, August 23rd:
- Student Government Showcase (7pm) and FCC Info Session (8pm) on Zoom
- Petition form distributed after Showcase
Wednesday, August 26th:
- Petitions due at 9am
Friday, August 28th:
- Emails indicating eligibility/ineligibility sent out to candidates
- Campaigning may begin ONLY after emails sent out
Monday, August 31st:
- ELECTION DAY!
- Vote via email or at jcouncil.nd.edu/vote from 8am to 8pm
Run-off Elections to follow as necessary.:
- First Runoff: Wednesday, September 2nd
- Second Runoff: Friday, September 4th
Important Election Rules/Regulations
- Campaign limit of $20, all materials must be approved and receipts handed in to Judicial Council
- Campaigning may be held ONLY over the period specified by the Election Committee
- Use of Listservs and Google Groups for campaigning is prohibited (including @listserv.nd.edu or any variation thereof)
- Candidates may create or use a personal social media account or page to campaign, but all activity, including but not limited to text posts, photos, and videos must adhere to the regulations of ethical behavior as detailed in Section 17.1 of the Student Union Constitution
- Allegations of election misconduct must be submitted to Judicial Council (firstname.lastname@example.org or here) within 48 hours of the time committed or 11:59pm on day of the election, whichever is sooner.
See selected sections of the Student Union Constitution relevant to FCC Elections in the FCC Information Packet above.