Matthew Bisner, '22
As Judicial Council President, my priorities are as follows:
- Increase Election Committee transparency.
- Expand Peer Advocacy utilization and promotion on campus.
- Explore the further integration of Peer Advocacy in Student Union activities.
- Spearhead large-scale Student Union reform in line with the best practices of our peer institutions.
- Standardize Student Union bylaws with the Ethics Commission and Committee on the Constitution.
Hey y'all! I'm a third-year studying Political Science and Peace Studies from Ocean Springs on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. A former Keenan Knight and Sorin Otter, I now reside in Baumer Hall. I am proud to serve the Student Body as Judicial Council President for the 2020-2021 term, and I'm looking forward to a productive year of reform in defense of student rights on campus. After Notre Dame, I hope to pursue a law degree and a career in civil and human rights.
I spent the summer working as a research apprentice for a PhD student in the Department of Political Science. My research focused on international support for conflict-related constitution writing in Burkina Faso, Somalia, Sri Lanka, and Tajikistan. In addition to my position in the Judicial Council, I also serve as the Co-Vice President of PrismND, Notre Dame's first and only undergraduate LGBTQ student organization. In my spare time, I enjoy playing shuffleboard in the Brother Gorch Game Room, vibing to New Order, and (of course) reading the Constitution of the Undergraduate Student Body of the University of Notre Dame du Lac.
If you would like to discuss anything related to the Judicial Council or wider Student Union, don't hesitate to reach me at email@example.com.