Off-Campus Council Elections
Each Spring, Judicial Council holds elections to select Off-Campus Council. Spring 2021 Elections information will be available closer to election season. Below is the timeline for the 2020 Off-Campus Council elections, which were held in fall rather than spring due to COVID-19.
2020 Off-Campus Elections Timeline
NOTE: This timeline differs from the one listed in the Student Union Constitution due to a Senate order delaying elections in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Monday, August 24th
- Declaration of Candidacy Due at 8am
- Campaigning Starts when email from Judicial Council verifying candidacy is received
Monday, August 31st
- Election Day: Vote from 8am to 8pm
Runoff Elections to follow as necessary:
- First Runoff: Wednesday, September 2nd
- Second Runoff: Friday, September 4th
Important Election Rules/Regulations
- Campaign limit of $75, all materials must be approved and receipts handed in to Judicial Council
- Campaigning may be held ONLY over the period specified by the Election Committee
- Use of Listservs and Google Groups for campaigning is prohibited (including @listserv.nd.edu or any variation thereof)
- Candidates may create or use a personal social media account or page to campaign, but all activity, including but not limited to text posts, photos, and videos must adhere to the regulations of ethical behavior as detailed in Section 17.1 of the Student Union Constitution
- Allegations of election misconduct must be submitted to Judicial Council (firstname.lastname@example.org or here) within 48 hours of the time committed or 11:59pm on day of the election, whichever is sooner.
See Article XVII, Section 4 for all regulations specific to Off-Campus Council.